It started with a POP!
How Metcalfe’s Skinny Topcorn Became A Nationwide Hit
Watching a film, snuggling up on the sofa or simply wanting a little treat, most of us can’t resist the light, fluffy kernels that are popcorn. A healthier option is now available thanks to the Co-Founder of Pret a Manger Julian Metcalfe and it goes by the name of Metcalfe’s skinny topcorn. It’s the lighter, bouncier, skinnier snack that has the nation hooked.
So what makes this range so special we here you ask? Well in one way, It’s their simplicity and focus. Popping corn is all they do…no deep fat fryers, no crisps, no hoops, no distractions! Using nature’s crop, they spend their days turning corn in to a tasty treat for us to enjoy.
It tastes good too! Forget choosing between sweet or salt, you can now enjoy them together with only 115 calories in a 25g bag of Metcalfe’s skinny topcorn Sweet‘n’Salt. If you are more adventurous the Wasabi Glaze is a hot favourite of ours or try the Chocolate Crackle to indulge any sweet cravings you may be having. They are always looking for new flavours too, so if you’ve had a flavour you think would work, drop them a line via their website www.metcalfesskinny.com and they may just make it for you!
They recently ran a survey to find out what to find out what sort of popcorn picker you are. Here’s what they found…
· Almost half (48%) of introverts are popcorn pickers.
· Extroverts have a preference to popcorn grabbing, with 2 in 5 people (40%) admitting to consuming this delicious snack mindlessly by the handful.
· Perfectionists, whilst a mix of grabbers and individual popped kernel eaters, were the least likely to be selfish with an overwhelming 98% of perfectionists willing to share their popcorn.
· Women are 5% more likely to take a considered approach to eating this snack, consuming each popped kernel individually.
· Men on the other hand, tended to be 50% more chaotic and carefree than their female counterparts.
You can read the full report here.
If you are in social media, do check out their Instagram page, it’s full of funny snaps and shows you just what you can create with some popcorn! You can also find them on Facebook and Twitter.
Now all you need to do is pop by their website and see what flavour is for you! Visit www.metcalfesskinny.com.