New year, new baby on the way?
Are you sticking to your positive New Year’s resolution to stay active during your pregnancy? Or are you already finding it hard to stay motivated?
Whether it’s your first time or if you already have children, pregnancy is an ideal time to make positive lifestyle choices for you and your family – there are so many good reasons to stay active and be an inspirational role model for your baby.
Our friends at FittaMamma have shared their Top Ten New Year Fitness thoughts to help keep you on track!
1. First and foremost, never forget that you’re making healthy lifestyle choices for both of you! Now you’re pregnant you’re keeping fit for your baby too.
2. It’s easy to pile on unwanted pounds during pregnancy – but not so easy to shift them afterwards. Eating for two doesn’t mean eating twice as much! Whilst we don’t recommend a weight loss diet for pregnant women, eating sensibly and exercising regularly will help you maintain a healthy weight gain.
3. Giving birth is probably the most physically demanding event your body is likely to experience. Staying strong and fit will help you to prepare for labour - let’s face it, you wouldn’t enter a marathon without boosting your fitness levels!
4. Exercise will help keep your body toned as your bump gets bigger. Looking good will help you feel positive and proud of your body as it changes.
5. Lots of people (pregnant or otherwise) feel down in the dumps in January. Exercise will release feel-good endorphins and help to boost your mood.
6. Staying active helps to work off excess energy and encourage your body to feel more relaxed, making for a more restful sleep at night.
7. If you’re considering joining a gym, choose one that offers pregnancy exercise sessions, pregnancy Pilates or prenatal yoga. Regular workouts with other Mammas-to-be will keep you inspired.
8. Treat yourself to stylish maternity fitnesswear – looking good when you work out is a great confidence boost. FittaMamma maternity fitnesswear lifts, holds and supports to make any pregnancy activity secure and comfortable.
9. Pregnancy yoga is great for stretching and toning your body whilst the breathing and relaxation techniques are a real bonus when you give birth.
10. If you’re not sure how to get started, check out FittaMamma’s exercise tips for Mammas-to-be, with workout suggestions and healthy eating ideas to kick start your fit pregnancy pledge.
And finally… research has shown that you’re 42% more likely to stick to your goals if you write them down. We suggest you download the FittaMamma Fit Pregnancy Pledge, write down your goals and share them!
Download your Fit Pregnancy Pledge checklist and make your resolutions now!