Planning Your Nursery
One of the most exciting things about being pregnant is planning for your little one’s arrival. And it’s lovely to start thinking about a nursery. Many of us have a bedroom in mind for this, and it’s good to start getting it ready in plenty of time.
Here are some tips to think about when you’re making your plans:
- How do you want the room to look and feel? Modern, traditional, funky?
- Pull out some pictures online or in magazines for inspiration
- Think about the furniture you’d like – as this can shape the look – many brands offer room sets at good prices – the main items you will need are:
o A cot
o A changing table
o Possibly a chair to sit whilst feeding
- Aim for a soft and tranquil feel
- Make sure the layout is practical (so your store of nappies is near your changing table, etc.)
- Consider beyond your baby’s first year by choosing furniture and a style which will grow with your baby
- Black-out blinds are brilliant!
When he or she arrives, they're likely to be in a moses basket close to your bed for easy night time feeds, but it’s lovely to have a beautiful space ready for those daytime naps and for when you’re ready to pop them in their own bedroom at night.
For more information and some style ideas, you could log on to: http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product_advice/nursery_planning.php